Re: 1600 exhaust rattle

To: "Bruce Dalrymple" <bdalrymple@nctimes.net>
Subject: Re: 1600 exhaust rattle
From: Joseph Roach <jroach@qualcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:23:53 -0700
Bruce,
My exhaust system consists of a header, glasspack and the stock dual,
chrome-tipped resonator. I don't think the exhaust is any louder than say,
the 2L's that I've been driving with (except maybe coasting downhill when
the exhaust is cracking and popping). I like having the glasspack because
its shape deflects no heat to the floor board. When I had the stock muffler
on, I once set a distributor wrapped in a shopping bag behind the driver's
seat and had the plastic bag melt into the carpet. Aaarrrghhh!  The floor
used to get pretty hot on long drives!

The next San Diego get together will be for the Doheney State Beach show on
Oct 23. Its near term so you can get a chance to hear what some of the
different set-ups sound like.

Joseph Roach
65 1500
San Diego, CA