Re: 1600 exhaust rattle

To: Bruce Dalrymple <bdalrymple@nctimes.net>
Subject: Re: 1600 exhaust rattle
From: Alan Bent <ajb@squirrel.com.au>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 20:57:23 +1000
I had an ongoing problem with the exhaust pipe rattling where it goes
through the X brace of the chassis. I had a flexible pipe fitted between the
bottom of the extractor and the exhaust pipe just before it goes through the
chassis, the exhaust from there back is bolted solid to the chassis. It has
now been on there for over 3 years with no problems.
Alan Bent  -  Queensland , Australia
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1965 Silvia CSP311
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310
1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310 - 1964 Cedric Wagon WP31
1963 Bluebird P312 -  1963 Bluebird P312
1963 Cedric P31 - 1964 Cedric Wagon 1964
1969 Super Six G130
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/3823/index.html