RE: One Fine Day/insanity

To: "Jim Tyler" <jtyler29@idt.net>,
Subject: RE: One Fine Day/insanity
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 99 12:34:04 -0500
>Thats like owning a 25.00 stock and not wanting it to go to 75.00 because
>you like
>it affordable???????  Like it or not the Datsun is an investment.

Well for me it's a hobby, not an investment. I know I won't break even
just taking into account what I paid and what I put in vs. what I might
sell it for, but that would not take into account the enjoyment of
driving it, looking at it, talking with the fine folks on this list about
it, etc.  If you recall back in the 80s, collector cars as an investment
really took off, and in the process, cars were grossly overvalued,
forcing the people who really liked the cars out of the market, it was
shameful!  So we've got a car that though somewhat rare, is not
particularly collectible (from an investment standpoint). Good! I'm not
in this for the money (that must be where the insanity comes in).  Was it
Dogbert who said, " If it had a point, it wouldn't be a hobby"

Cheers,
Marc T

Marc Tyler
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016