RE: One Fine Day/insanity

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.Team.Net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: One Fine Day/insanity
From: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 13:30:01 -0400
>Even a half decent restoration can cost much more than you could ever sell
>it for.

>Seems sad that so many spend so much are their cars, put in so much effort,
>end up selling for one reason or another, (often in distress) and then take a
>major financial hit on top.

Oh, yes, I meant to add it is often the "do it yourselfers" that get burned the
worst.
Many newbies make the terrible mistake of baulking at the price of a really
well done
car (Les' for example and others) thinking that they can do it better, cheaper
themselves.
For the vast majority, there just isn't any way.

They get part way in and realize it, then dump the
stuff (often the restoration never gets finished sadly)  or they tough it out
and wind up with
15k in a car they sell for 7.5k.    The answer (I think ) is finding the secret
to getting the
7.5K up closer to the real worth.

Jim