RE: One Fine Day/insanity

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: One Fine Day/insanity
From: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 17:33:02 -0400

----------
From:   KCook94722@aol.com[SMTP:KCook94722@aol.com]
Sent:   Sunday, August 01, 1999 3:06 PM
To:     jtyler29@idt.net; datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

In a message dated 7/31/99 8:00:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jtyler29@idt.net
writes:

>Unless you are one of the few trying to make a living
>selling these cars, I think not.

Nope, I don't have any restored cars for sale.   But if they ever do get put up
for sale and
are sold, I am sure they will sell for about 35-50% of what they are worth,
(unless we come
up with something smart)

> It would be an interesting project to see if we could actually drive the
> price up somehow???
And why,pray tell, would we want to do THAT? One of the great things about
these cars is that they are accesable to those of us that want a fun ,
reliable ,sports car , without having to sell blood and morgage the house.I
agree that they are undervalued. Lets not tell the world, huh?...

Thats like owning a 25.00 stock and not wanting it to go to 75.00 because you
like
it affordable???????  Like it or not the Datsun is an investment.

And, because, when you determine that the Datsun you have lovingly restored has
to go because
of accumulated debt, or you lost your job, or your  daughter needs the tuition
money, or God forbid you need it for someones unexpected medical bills,  (I
have had customers that have had to sell their cars for each of these reasons,
and lost a ton) it would be nice if it were worth 15000 instead of 5000.....ya
think?

Jim Tyler.