RE: One Fine Day/insanity

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: One Fine Day/insanity
From: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 00:20:32 -0400
From:   KCook94722@aol.com[SMTP:KCook94722@aol.com]
Sent:   Monday, August 02, 1999 7:51 PM
To:     jtyler29@idt.net; datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

In a message dated 8/1/99 2:29:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jtyler29@idt.net
writes:

>  Like it or not the Datsun is an investment.
Not in my case.The car stays with me till I die. You make some good points
for those that find that they need to sell the cars for emergency purposes,
but the fact is, if you are after an investment car, you shouldnt be looking
for datsuns.

That may well be the most profound reply I have seen -- if we all allow it.
To my way of thinking, that is a sad state of affairs, and you must realize
that it
ultimately dooms the cars you say you care about so much.

Nissan WILL shut down the parts source eventually as the demand goes away.
I am quite sure Nissan has made less and less money every year on roadster
parts,
many of the prices haven't even increased in 5 years, someone will figure this
out....

All the smaller suppliers will shut down or move into used stuff primarily,
butchering
everything in sight and ultimately folding as customers junk and dump their
cars (at a loss)
because they can't get critical parts.

Only the biggest suppliers will be left with a significant stock of new parts
and if
you think prices are high now you haven't seen anything yet....the prices will
have to go up
as the volume drops off..otherwise they close too....that is pretty simple...

Apathy and inaction will lead to what you are saying you don't want:

Less and less Roadsters on the road and sky high prices..

(This is the last thing I want to see)

>To use your example, if you want a stock that will sell for a
>profit eventually, you purchase a stock with a history or high potential to
>do so.

      OK, lets take profit out of the picture (it was never intended anyway).

     Are all of those who are not in favor  of Roadsters appreciating in value
and attaining
     a truely  classic status,  are you also opposed to just breaking even????
     Where is the harm in that????    Even to do that, the value of a restored
car has
     to go up.

I think many many more cars would be restored and properly maintained if one
could at least
break even on it....losing thousands of dollars tends to discourage some
people....

Jim

Oh, well, I tried.....