Re: WHat do you do????

To: k.zariwny@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: WHat do you do????
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 22:07:31 EDT
In a message dated 06/02/1999 5:29:30 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
k.zariwny@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Hi Daniel

 "Just say no."
  Have no fear, for I am the same way, you selfish bastard <grin> Girlfriends
may come and go, but the roadster will always be
 there (hopefully!). You have been through leaky hoses, bad brakes, faulty
alternator, numerous other "joys of owning a roadster".
 Sit your girlfriend down and explain this. You dig her but you LOVE the car.
She should understand this. If not, do what I did
 after I made the mistake of letting my girlfriend pick me up from work one
day with my roadster. Get only one set of keys and hide
 them! Now, four years later, her requests to drive are down to once a month!
 Good luck!

 Kerry Z
 West Linn Oregon
 1968 1600

Guys,

This "girlfriend" could turn out to be your WIFE some day. These things
happen.  Now, if I could have it this way, I would just LOVE it if my wife
(of over 20 years, BTW) had the slightest interest in my car hobby. She
doesn't and I love her anyway.  Just count yourself lucky that she has an
interest in it, as if it develops further, it could be an activity that you
both can enjoy.  You'll also have to get her her own roadster too,
eventually, and that means more time spent working on it, buying parts for
it, etc.  Really, it's entirely a positive thing. Count your blessings.

Someone recently wrote about getting another 510 and his wife said, "does
this mean I HAVE to run Ladies Class"?  I loved that!

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuquerque