Re: What do you do????

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: What do you do????
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 20:57:01 -0500
>       Okay so I admit I love my car.  I gave it a name and always refer to
>it as such.  I have spent countless hours/dollers on it.  It is a pride and
>joy for me.. like a lot of you I am sure....
>       Here is my problem...new girlfriend loves the car.. she always wants
>to go places in it and doesnt mind if its cold and thier is no top. This, I
>know, is not a problem...the problem is....SHE WANTS TO DRIVE IT!!!!! And
>well
>um..quite frankly..besides my mechanic and a couple of roadster friends..I
>DONT WANT TO SHARE WITH ANYONE!!!!  What do I do???
>       I really dig this woman..but, its my car man!!!!

Daniel,

Shortly after we bought our 2000 in '70 we started hanging out with the
Ft. Worth Sports Car Club (unfortunately a victim of the mid 70's gas
crises) and besides the social aspects, we enjoyed seeing much of the
area previously unknown to us while running gimmick and hare and hound
rallies. Prior to then cars were just transportation to my wife.

Not long after we found out she was pregnant she watched me run a couple
of autocrosses and decided to try it herself (even though she was 7 1/2
months by then) after we bought our first 510. She won her first driving
school and hasn't slowed down since. I recently related how she reacted a
couple of years ago when I decided to buy a second 510 for racing.

Find a way to get the lady involved. I think it'll be worth it, short or
long term.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net