Re: 300 heads

To: "David Kernberger" <dkern@napanet.net>,
Subject: Re: 300 heads
From: "jon" <jonaxt@pacifier.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:09:21 -0700
I want to put out what I see. I placed the tin valley cover against a 300
head. The 300 inlet ports are bigger, but not in a symmetric manner. The are
enlarged by pushing their geometric centers outward.. This was done because
of the very skinny land between the center two ports. I'm considering making
a custom tin cover, but the envelope of my Bridgeport CNC is only 12 by 18
so it will have to be done piecemeal. A Rover tin cover that I have does not
have the embossed rings around the inlet ports and water conduit ports, so
Rover must be depending on wonderful RTV.
BTW, I've fitted my T-5 to my 4.2. There was in fact interference between
the crank and input shaft, but it was the spline, and not the tip of the
input shaft bottoming in the crank. I simply removed the very back 3/8 inch
of the crank.It was much longer than necessary to locate the pilot bearing
and flywheel. I'm replacing an Olds with the 4.2, and didn't want to move
mounts in my frame.
I've put together a nice serpentine belt system, and I'm about to test my
concept of how the coolant bypass works. I want to make up a website to post
photos. Is this something an ordinary person can do?   May 10 is the next
Portland International Raceway trackday  and I plan to be ready for it  Jon
TVR 3000S roadster

///
///