RE: Old lurker rejoins V8 list for info on 4.2 rebuild

To: "Jan Ben" <ben@lucent.com>
Subject: RE: Old lurker rejoins V8 list for info on 4.2 rebuild
From: "Thomas Joyner" <tjoyner@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:32:39 -0600
Jan,

The 4.2 block I've aquired has appx 140K and was pulled diretctly from a
Rover in St Louis. I'm not certain it would fall into the category you've
mentioned (though it could).

As far as I know there is no difference between the 3.9 and 4.2 blocks, it's
all internals that make it a 4.2 (rods and crank), with the pistons being
the same.

Mostly I'm trying to figure if I can avoid ordering a piston set from
England if I go .020 or .030 over (ie, some domestic piston that would fit
the bill).

Tom
88 RR