Re: 300 heads

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 300 heads
From: Curtis Hunter <amy_curt@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:05:05 -0700
The 300 heads will fit the 215, 3.5 to 4.6L Rover.  The main difference
between the 215 and 300 Buick engines are the height and width of the block.
The 300 is about 1" taller on the same degree "V"... also meaning that the
intake is wider to cover the added distance between the banks of cylinders.
Yes, the 300 intake has no need of a galley pan, as it seals both front and
rear lifter galleys to the block.  There is currently a set of 300 heads on
e-bay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1821039381
Rover V8 bellhousing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1821187432