Re: distributors

To: "Simon Sparrow" <Simon.Sparrow@wang.co.nz>,
Subject: Re: distributors
From: "The Becketts" <hillman@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 23:19:50 +1100
Simon Sparrow wrote:

>Someone on the list mentioned that a Chev HEI distributor would fir the
>Rover/Leyland engines. If this is the case, what is required to fit it?
>Are there any issues with the oil pump nad distributor drive gear?

Simon,

Rangie Spares in Melbourne, Australia sell a distributor conversion but
they need the old dizzie for the lower drive gear.  The replacement dizzie
is a Bosch unit from a Holden.  I don't know if it's the distributor from
the Chev V8 engined Holdens or the Aussie V8-engined Holdens.

It's not cheap.  It lists at A$330

Regards

Ron Beckett