RE: Garage pits

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Garage pits
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 94 12:26:10 CST
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(RE: Garage pits) File(NOV08944.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 11-08-1994 .. 11:02:17

>Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 11:00:50 -0500 (EST)
>From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
>Subject: RE: Garage pits
>
>I have just got to ask.  What on earth is the rationale for making garage
>pits illegal????  Do you suppose the town council sat down one monday and
>said, "What shall we do tonight?"  "I know, why don't we make garage pits
>illegal..."  The only basis I can think of is a desire to keep people from
>working on their cars.

I was told by my insurance guy that it is a safety issue.
You know, one day I might sell my house, and one day after that
someone might fall into the pit and break an arm or something.

God, I hate rules that are made to "protect" people from their
own stupidity.

Louis Poche' - POCHE@music.loyno.edu