RE: Garage pits

To: rolf@star.inst.bnl.gov
Subject: RE: Garage pits
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 11:00:50 -0500 (EST)
I have just got to ask.  What on earth is the rationale for making garage
pits illegal????  Do you suppose the town council sat down one monday and
said, "What shall we do tonight?"  "I know, why don't we make garage pits
illegal..."  The only basis I can think of is a desire to keep people from
working on their cars.

It sounds what my uncle encountered in a mobile home park in AZ.  He had
the hood up cleaning bugs from his radiator, or doing some other innocuous
task, when a functionary of the homeowner's association arrived and warned
him that working on his car was against the rules.  He moved.  What a
great country--ensure gentility by making sure nobody opens his hood.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910