Re: Shelby at it again?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shelby at it again?
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch X8534 Ppppp)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 94 17:55:57 EDT
> Date: Mon, 18 Apr 94 10:09:32 -0700
> From: "TeriAnn Wakeman"  <twakeman@apple.com>
>
> In message <9404181621.AA17276@csx2282.cdc.hp.com> Roland Dudley writes:
> > Excerpts from an article in AUTOMOTIVE NEWS, April 11, 1994:
> >               Shelby Plans all-new Cobra
> >      Twin-turbo V-8 powered roadster expected to debut in '95
>  snip
> >      to 100 and back down to zero in 13.5 seconds."
> As I recall, the 427 AC Cobra did 0 to 100 to 0 in 13.5 seconds, or was it
>13.4?

Here's a shocker...

        Less than a year ago, there was a "shootout" in one of the (two) Kit Car
mags. It was a "bring your own" type, I don't know if any were "factory" built
(turn-key) ones. One guy brought a Cobra Replicar with #@|| under the hood! I
can't remember the configuration, but it was BIG! (I think around 500CI!) I
think it had nitrous oxide injection too. It had discs (brakes) larger than some
tires!  The result was 0-100-0 in UNDER 12 SECONDS!!

Now doesn't _that_ sound like a hair dis-coloring treatment machine!

Later,
Kevin