Re: Shelby at it again?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shelby at it again?
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch X8534 Ppppp)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 94 18:01:42 EDT
> From: andrem@pyramid.com (Andre Molyneux)
> Date: Mon, 18 Apr 1994 10:34:25 -0700
>
> On Apr 18,  9:21, Roland Dudley wrote:
> > Excerpts from an article in AUTOMOTIVE NEWS, April 11, 1994:
> [stuff deleted]
> >      Carroll Shelby, driving and car building legend, says he is tried
> >      of the imitators.
> >-- End of excerpt from Roland Dudley
>
> Sounds kind of strange for him to be complaining, considering that the
> most conspicuous "imitator" is the Viper...

No, he's referring to the kit-car industry. There are now more Cobra kits than
Countach kits! (I didn't think _anything_ could do that!) It is probably the
most popular kit around. One of the Kit Car mags had an interview with him, and
he didn't seem too annoyed about them. This (above) actually surprises me. He
has been producing (reproducing?) Cobras for a couple of years now, but they go
for a LOT of money. I think the article (that I am replying on) is talking about
a new car (new style) not a re-issue of the old one.

Later,
Kevin