Re: Shelby at it again?

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Shelby at it again?
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 94 10:09:32 -0700
In message <9404181621.AA17276@csx2282.cdc.hp.com> Roland Dudley writes:
> Excerpts from an article in AUTOMOTIVE NEWS, April 11, 1994:
>
>               Shelby Plans all-new Cobra
>
>      Twin-turbo V-8 powered roadster expected to debut in '95

 snip

>      "We're shooting for a sub-four second zero-to-60" time, says Landy.
>      "Top speed is not important to us.  But the car will be able to run
>      to 100 and back down to zero in 13.5 seconds."

As I recall, the 427 AC Cobra did 0 to 100 to 0 in 13.5 seconds, or was it 13.4?

>      Landy says the company plans to build "100 to 200 space-age
>      composite cars weighing 2,200 pounds."  The car will be powered by
>      a 500-horsepower V-8 with twin intercooled turbochargers.  Power
>      from the engine will be pushed through a six-speed manual.

Wasn't the last couple of 427 AC Cobras duel superor turbo charged?  I believe
Shelby, Bill Cosby and a couple of other people got them.

> The article included an artist conception of what the car might look like.
> I would describe it as a cross between a Cobra and a current model Corvette.

So whats new besides the composits and the extra gear?

> So, the real thing or just some more blatherings form ole Shel?
>
> Roland

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561