Re: Shelby at it again?

To: twakeman@apple.com, phile@stpaul.gov
Subject: Re: Shelby at it again?
From: Scott.Hirose@Eng.Sun.COM (Scott Hirose -- Sun Microsystems, SparcTech VLSI)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 94 10:54:08 PDT
> From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
> Subject: Re: Shelby at it again?
> To: twakeman@apple.com

> twakeman@apple.com writes >
>
> > Wasn't the last couple of 427 AC Cobras duel superor turbo charged?
> > I believe
> > Shelby, Bill Cosby and a couple of other people got them.
>
> Bill Cosby's car was a big-block automatic.  I think it was
> normally-aspirated.  When he sold it, the buyer did not make it home alive.

The Cobras built for Carroll Shelby and Bill Cosby both had
automatic transmissions, dual Paxton centrifugal superchargers,
and 3.31 (I think) final drive.

Scott

==   Scott Hirose -- Sun Microsystems, SparcTech VLSI   Sunnyvale, Ca        ==
==   e-mail: hirose@mrmom.Eng.Sun.Com   (408)774-8543   fax: (408)733-6587   ==
==   Shelby American Automobile Club, Nor-Cal Region    66 GT350 Replica     ==