Re: Gas tank holes.

To: gall@beta.uleth.ca (Greg Gall) (Greg Gall)
Subject: Re: Gas tank holes.
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 94 10:37:34 PDT
> Hi All!
>

> Has anybody had success in welding up gas tanks?
> ie. What should I do/not do?
> Internet: gall@ultrix.uleth.ca

Well, I have had some experience soldering a gas tank...

Like everyone else who has responded, I strongly recommend
you don't try to weld the tank yourself; ESPECIALLY while
it's still in the car.

Any effective repair will require removing the tank from the car.
Yes, it's a monumental hassle, but it's the only way.  First
choice is to have it done professionally.  Look in the phone
book for places willing to do it.  Some radiator shop specialize
in tank repair and usually charge a flat rate for the job.

I did solder my tank but only after it had been boiled out
at a radiator shop.  Also I used one of the slushing "kit"
Phil described.  So far, so good.  Well, mostly.

Roland