Re: MGB oil pressure sender

To: Paul Osborne <paul@ee.rochester.edu>
Subject: Re: MGB oil pressure sender
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 1994 10:20:13 PDT
In message <9404181243.AA10974@nova.ceas.rochester.edu> you write:
>>      All that stands between me and CRANKING Daisy the Yellow Car is about
>> two days work (once the head gets here from Utah...) and a stupid ELECTRIC
>> OIL PRESSURE SENDER!!! (fits 68-72 or so, looks like a small doorknob)

>       Wade, are you sure you have the right item, or has there
>       been a retrofit of something new? Oil pres. guages have always
>       been mechanical.

It might be an oil pressure sensor used to drive the idiot light and cut off
the electric fuel pump (if any) when the engine stalls.

If so, Pegasus Racing has them.  They have warning-light switches that plug
into 1/8 NPT holes and operate at 20, 30 and 60 psi. for  $12.95, $10.95 and
$37.59(!) respectively.  Also fool-pump safety switches for $11.95.

(I *think* the difference is that the warning-light switches switch a single
lead to ground, and that the safety switch does this AND switches a
through-connection.)

Phone 414 782 0880.  I'm just a happy customer.  They have a lot of cool
go-fast bits and it's fun to browse the catalog whilst making BRRUUUUUMMMM
noises and pretending to double de-clutch through turn 4 at Brands-Hatch...