Re: Big Healey Question

To: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Subject: Re: Big Healey Question
From: wcwagner@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Bill Wagner Jr.)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 93 15:23:22 PST

>++> Dear British Car Netters -
>++>     I do have a question for any big Healey folks.  One of the
>++> more knowledgable British folks around here says it's a bad idea to
>++> remove the body panels from these cars.  He didn't really give me
>
>       I'm in the middle of a major restoration of a 67 Healey too.  I have
>the car
>completely stripped.  Right now it is nothing more than a painted substructure
>on a
>dolly...
>
>       I'm not quite sure what panels you are talking about removing.  You can
>take
>the fenders, doors and shrouds off with little trouble.  The rest of the car
>is

welded
>together and will require a pretty serious effort to repair, but it is
>do-able.  Your
>car is worth the effort to repair properly.  Be very careful to check the
>frame rails
>when you are rebuilding the body.  BY the way, the proper BJ8 engine has more
>power

than
>the one currently in your car.
>
>--
>William woodruff       woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu

  William -
    Thanks for the input.  I probably haven't examined this a closely as I
should,
but in looking at the rear end, underneath the bumpers, the lower edge of the
shroud?
seems to be spot welded in place.  I've not looked at it real close recently,
but
your words are very reassuring.  :)  The fenders, doors, and shrouds are what
really
need to come off, especially the fenders.
      Thanks, Bill.

Bill Wagner Jr.        |'67 Healey 3000 MK III | wcwagner@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
University of Illinois |'91 Eagle Talon (DS)   | PHONE:  217 244 4136
CCSO Communications    |                       | FAX  :  217 333 9758
302 E John, Suite 1608 -------------------------
Champaign, IL  61820      These are my opinions and my opinions only!!!!!!