Re: Big Healey Question

To: wcwagner@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Bill Wagner Jr.)
Subject: Re: Big Healey Question
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1993 16:45:53 -0500

++> but in looking at the rear end, underneath the bumpers, the lower edge of t
he shroud?
++> seems to be spot welded in place.  I've not looked at it real close recentl
y, but

        I think you are refering to the rivets used to attach the aluminum and
the
steel together.  The front and rear shrouds (as well as the fenders and doors)
have
no welds which attach them to the substructure of the car.  To get the shrouds
off,
you simply have to drill the rivets out  By the way, it might be a good idea to
warn
you that the shrouds are worth a truckload of cash and it is very difficult to
replace them (especially the BJ8 shrouds).  In fact, I'm going all the way to
Texas (From Michigan) to buy one for 600 bucks and I think I'm getting a good
deal!
I've seen them sell for 1500 or more.

--
William woodruff        woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu