Re: Big Healey Question

To: wcwagner@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Bill Wagner Jr.)
Subject: Re: Big Healey Question
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1993 16:03:16 -0500
++> Dear British Car Netters -
++>     I do have a question for any big Healey folks.  One of the
++> more knowledgable British folks around here says it's a bad idea to
++> remove the body panels from these cars.  He didn't really give me

        I'm in the middle of a major restoration of a 67 Healey too.  I have
the car
completely stripped.  Right now it is nothing more than a painted substructure
on a
dolly...

        I'm not quite sure what panels you are talking about removing.  You can
take
the fenders, doors and shrouds off with little trouble.  The rest of the car is
welded
together and will require a pretty serious effort to repair, but it is do-able.
 Your
car is worth the effort to repair properly.  Be very careful to check the frame
rails
when you are rebuilding the body.  BY the way, the proper BJ8 engine has more
power than
the one currently in your car.

--
William woodruff        woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu