Re: Big Healey Question

To: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Subject: Re: Big Healey Question
From: wcwagner@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Bill Wagner Jr.)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 93 16:03:08 PST

>++> but in looking at the rear end, underneath the bumpers, the lower edge of t
>he shroud?
>++> seems to be spot welded in place.  I've not looked at it real close recentl
>y, but
>
>       I think you are refering to the rivets used to attach the aluminum and
>the
>steel together.  The front and rear shrouds (as well as the fenders and doors)
>have
>no welds which attach them to the substructure of the car.  To get the shrouds
>off,
>you simply have to drill the rivets out  By the way, it might be a good idea
>to warn
>you that the shrouds are worth a truckload of cash and it is very difficult to
>replace them (especially the BJ8 shrouds).  In fact, I'm going all the way to
>Texas (From Michigan) to buy one for 600 bucks and I think I'm getting a good
>deal!
>I've seen them sell for 1500 or more.
>
>--
>William woodruff       woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu

    Ok.  I'm with you now.  Rivets.  When one reattaches these, are rivets the
best way to go?  I'll also keep in mind that these pieces are to be treated with
great care.  $800 - $1500??????  Ouch. :)

Bill Wagner Jr.        |'67 Healey 3000 MK III | wcwagner@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
University of Illinois |'91 Eagle Talon (DS)   | PHONE:  217 244 4136
CCSO Communications    |                       | FAX  :  217 333 9758
302 E John, Suite 1608 -------------------------
Champaign, IL  61820      These are my opinions and my opinions only!!!!!!