1996 MGB RV8 in Road & Track

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 1996 MGB RV8 in Road & Track
From: plumpe@oasys.dt.navy.mil (David Plumpe)
Date: 9 Jul 92 08:28 EDT
    The August 'Road & Track', page 31 states that Rover has confirmed
the MGB RV8 for 1996, with a 3.9 liter V8, and gives a drawing.  IMHO
it's a very nice looker - full but not bloated, powerful rear lines
('tho this is a front quarter view), front fenders slightly raised above
the bonnet, which itself ends above the grille opening, and very few
doodad creases in the sheet metal.  It looks like a car I could really
enjoy, if only I could afford it!
    I believe MG Magazine has had a drawing or two over the past months,
but I don't remember seeing the shape in R&T's drawing before.
    It looks like a really nice car, but I'm not sure how I feel about
an expensive V8 carrying on the MG name.  Probably you MGB and MGC guys
can identify with the power, if not the price range, but my MG identity
is with the '55 TF-1500.  Still, I guess it's to our mutual benefits
if the car-buying public gets more exposure to the MG octagon, and gets
good vibes from that exposure.
    Any discussion??

DAVE P