Re: 1996 MGB RV8 in Road & Track

To: Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1996 MGB RV8 in Road & Track
From: mrmike@michelotti.ae.ge.com ("Mr. Mike" Passaretti)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 92 12:47:03 EDT
# In message <9207091416.AA07717@crux1.cit.cornell.edu>,
# sggy@crux1.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett) writes:

rg> Garry Archer scribed:

> BC report that Rover plans to launch a new MG Midget in
> 1994, aimed at the

> The Midget is expected to have a UK price tag of roughly
> $26,000".

rg> Once again, Rover misses the mark on the spirt of MG's,
rg> Midgets, and the likes. One ought to be able to purchase 3
rg> Midgets for that kind of cash. Maybe 2, but that means
rg> they've stuck too much weight on it.  A Midget is minimal!
rg> Basic. *** Affordable ***. Heck, you can just about buy 2
rg> almost new Miata's for that much. Or 4 GEO's. Certainly 3
rg> Honda beats, if they were availale. Who are they competing
rg> with? Jaguar?

Once again, a small comment on British automotive pricing.
A Miata in Britain costs about #15K (i.e. $25.5K).  You can't
just do the pounds to dollars conversion and expect the
numbers to mean anything.  Besides, they probably aren't going
to sell the bleeding thing here anyway, from what I've heard.

                                                        - MM

--
passaretti@crd.ge.com           {whatever}!crdgw1!copernicus!passaret
mrmike@michelotti.ae.ge.com     {whatever}!crdgw1!copernicus!michelotti!mrmike