TR6 pedal box bushings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 pedal box bushings
From: ian@Centric.COM (Ian Macky)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 92 23:14:09 PDT
All,

I found my '69 with 3 of 4 pedal box bushes outright missing, the fourth a
crumbling mess.  The usual places either didn't supply them at all (not cat-
alogued), or were out of stock but expecting some (from overseas, someday...)

Happily, there ARE advatanges to living nears centers of Advanced Civilization,
like being able to find a bearing specialty house 1 mile from work, going there
with the specs and having them find a match in one of their many catalogues.

An excellent replacement for the [what material?] originals is the GARLOCK
#10DU12.  It is a steel press-fit item with some sort of teflon or such
coating on the inside.

I pressed in mine with a big vice.  One pedal came out absolutely perfect.
The other was misaligned slightly so that the shaft couldn't easily run
through both bushes.  Some abrasive type maneuvering of the shaft (twist
and shove) rubbed off enough of the inner coating from the second bush to
allow the shaft through, and when sufficiently greased it performed
perfectly too.

The shaft is a tight fit, maybe too tight.  If your shaft is larger there
may be trouble.  You might try getting the same item but with the next
larger ID.

You can get this bush from one of Garlock's distributors, like:

        King Bearing
        990 N. Rengstorff Ave.
        Mountain View, CA  94043
        (415) 968-8316