Re: New gifs on hoosier.utah.edu

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: New gifs on hoosier.utah.edu
From: bailey@mcs.kent.edu
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 91 1:30:13 EST
According to Garry Archer:

> > Another good trick is to set something up in your crontab to change
> > your root window to a new picture every hour or two.
>
> Cor Blimey, I thought I was bad enough changing it daily!  :-)
>
> Changing it daily can be done via ye-olde-switch statement in your
> .Xsession file, or if like me you may prefer to set up a menu from
> your mouse buttons (when pressed) when the cursor is in the root
> window...  see, I can change it anytime I want then (narf, narf!)

Hmmm... I've got a script which changes mine about once a minute. Then
again I do have about 2000 pictures for it to choose from :-)
Oh yeah, on an HP9000/730 it changes real *fast*.

Has anybody ever changed the heater core on a TR7. Mine started leaking
all over the place so I just bypassed it in the engine compartment. Now
thats it's gotten kinda cold out (teens and single digits :-( ) it might
be a good idea to fix it. It's apparently buried *real* deep. During normal
stereo installation and radar detector wiring and stuff like that
I've never even come close to locating that sucker.

| Jeff Bailey (Sys. Admin.) <bailey@mcs.kent.edu>     | The first academic |
| Department of Mathematics & | Home: (216) 654-2649  | institution with a |
|    Computer Science         | Dept: (216) 672-2077  |    "WaveTracer     |
| Kent State University       | Fax:  (216) 672-7824  |   Data Transport   |
| Kent - OH 44242  U.S.A.     | Work: (216) 633-9691  |      Computer"     |