Re: New gifs on hoosier.utah.edu

To: british-cars%hoosier.utah.edu@uunet.uu.net
Subject: Re: New gifs on hoosier.utah.edu
From: archer@hsi86.hsi.com (Garry Archer)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 91 11:41:23 -0500
I meant to say   T  H  A  N  K  S   to all of you kind persons loading
the GIFs and bitmaps to hoosier.utah.edu.

I'm lucky enough to have an X-terminal (since earlier this year) albeit
it is a monochrome one and to load all this stuff on me screen is GREAT!
I occasionally change me root window to be one of those (your) great cars.

This morning I had the Aston Martin DB4, but after the recent e-mail I
grabbed the new GIFs and the D-Type Jag bitmap.  I just set my root
window to the D-type (the bitmap brogram didn't like it too much, but
xsetroot works) and its wild!  My favourite other root windows are the
Austin-Healey 3000 MkIII and the Jaguar MkII.  It makes work all that
much easier!  And I change the root window almost daily.

Ah now I've "seen" our very own Mr. Roger Garnett!  The photo's a bit
dark, I'll have to check it out on a colour monitor (we have a couple
of them around) to see if its any clearer in colour.

Great job everyone!  Thanks for all your beautiful cars!

Garry Archer Esq.       {yale, uunet}!hsi!archer  -OR-  archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert