Re: Re: Rebushing, valves, master, etc.

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Re: Rebushing, valves, master, etc.
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 91 14:12:59 pst

> For non-standard stuff like brit cylinders and calipers, there's a few places
> that do stainless steel brake work.  Two I know about but have never dealt
>with
> are Stainless Steel Brake Corp. located in Clarence, NY., (800)448-7722 and
> Precision Brake Rebuilders, Muskegon,MI, (616)733-0874.  I don't know what
> their full line of products are, but it might be worth a call.

Stainless Steel Brake always runs an ad in the Shelby Club mag so I konw
the have ss replacement components available for Shelbys and Mustangs,
probably 'vettes too.  When I thought I would have to have my calipers
sleeved I called them to see if they would do it or if they sold ss
replacements.  They didn't sell replacement calipers but said they could
nickel plate mine and put in new ss pistons.  I think the price then was
about $550/caliper pair.  Turns out I didn't need to have this done but
I'm sure there are a few Cobras and other Brit cars that have.  Mark II
and later Cobra calipers have their seals in the caliper bore and seal
against the piston rather then the other way around so the condition
of the bore (except for the seal groove) is less critical.  BTW, ss
replacement pistons for Girling calipers are readily available and
are generally cheaper than the original chrome plated type.