Re: Rebushing, valves, master, etc.

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Rebushing, valves, master, etc.
From: rgb@hal.com (Roger Bolick)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 91 13:06:49 CST
A list of questions came to mind reading today's posts.

1.  Has anyone had rockers of the TR6 type re-bushed, $$?
    I was advised to buy a new set, but $150 - $200 seems
    high, seems $50/set for re-bushing would be right, TRF?

2.  Has anyone tried off-center rockers?  An old GTO from
    years ago had 1.65 ratio for HP vs. 1.50 stock, faster
    lift, open more, etc., but had a different cam, shorter valve
    stem length, etc.  In fact I bought the engine, RAM IV for
    $75 due to 7 valves being replaced with "stock" ones and
    hitting the pistons, etc.  I had a valve job done (it had
    just been done before) and the sharp guy caught it, replaced
    with correct HP valves and it ran great.  Poor owner never knew.
    Will this work w/stock cam?  TRF?  Seems perfect for
    the "stock" race classes...

3.  If valve slop is 0.10 when cold, how much when hot? running?

4.  So polishing is the answer to rebuilding clutch cylinder,
    now you tell me... and I spent so much time honing those things..
    again, again, again, bought new $$.

5.  Has anyone tried the speed-sleeve that I've seen mentioned, seems
    the stainless steel would be just the thing for clutch cylinder rebuild?

Roger