Re: Safety Fast - That includes working on them!

To: british-cars@hoosier, southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU
Subject: Re: Safety Fast - That includes working on them!
From: mason@ftp.com (Spark Mason)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 91 18:28:35 -0500
I've always worried about my jacks and jackstands and frame members collapsing,
I learned the hard way to worry about the pavement too when I had the back
end of my (rear-engined) greyhound bus jacked up on a bottle jack with an
itty-bitty footprint and the pavement gave way with me and my roomate under
the back end adjusting the brakes. Fortunately there's enough room around
the rear axle for 6 people (we had a party there once). I now use two sheets
of 18" square by 1" plywood under the jacks and jackstands, it held that way
all summer last summer. (had a bit o' trouble locating some parts)