Re: I just got a new motor!!

To: DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: I just got a new motor!!
From: mason@ftp.com (Spark Mason)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 91 18:38:07 -0500
I'll give my two bits on wire wheels... They're a pain in the butt but they
look classy. I paid a lot of money for some really crappy "used" wire wheels
from a british junkyard in Macedon, NY (they advertise in some pop auto mags,
everything they sent me was garbage). I then bought some replacements at
the local junkyard (JP Carrols in Lexington, Ma) out of their Wheel pile,
they get $15 for a wheel with a tire and a fair number of rusted midgets and
B's come through there. I guess that's one advantage of the amount of rust you
can accumulate on a car out here. 13" and 14" are fairly common, but the 16"
ones are just shy of impossible to find. I haven't frequented many (or enough)
junkyards, but this might be worth checking out.