Safety Fast - That includes working on them!

To: @brit
Subject: Safety Fast - That includes working on them!
From: rghoff@bb1t.monsanto.com (Home for the Holidays, its your turn to take out the trash)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 91 14:48:41 -0600
        I just read Scott Paisley's story about his crushed foot. OUCH!
        And I'm sure we can all tell a tale of something we've done (or
        was done to us). But here's some rules I try to use when I
        working on my LBC:

        1. Review the procedure you'll be attempting - Know any safety
           hazards before you start and have safety equipment on hand.

        2. No matter how simple of a task you'll be performing, let someone
           else know that you'll be working on your car. Perferably someone
           there in the garage/house with you.

        3. Don't let kids/dogs/cats/etc hand around.

        4. Keep that cordless phone handy (like even in a holster if it's
           convenient).

        These are just a few things that tend to pop in my mind when I plan
        on or just get started on doing something to my B. And if you're
        not concerned about your personal safety, then think about the safety
        of your car. (burned up carbs/engines, cracked rotors from the car
        falling off the jack stands....).

        Anybody else have anything to add?

        thanks, Rick Hoffman