Re: Safety Fast - That includes working on them!

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Safety Fast - That includes working on them!
From: rkg@XamenEk.ateq.com (Richard George)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 91 08:26:19 PST
I've heard of way too many tragedies and near tragedies associated with
jackstands to use them much (about the only thing I use them for is to hold
up the crowbar when I'm futzing with the rear spring on my GT6...).  Instead,
I have several pieces of timber (8" by 8" or 10" by 10"...) that I use to
hold cars up while I work on them (and a number of smaller chuncks to get
everything to the right height, fit the jacking point, etc.,.).  The blocks
doesn't sink into the pavement, mud, etc., and are a whole lot more stable
than jackstands...

rkg

(Richard George)