RE: Electric compressor?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Electric compressor?
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:19:22 -0500
Hey BrikSV1@aol.com (whomever you may be),
   I just finished installing Terry Tanner's electric air compressor.  It seems
to work very very well (as I would have had to assume).  The cost was $275
including everything needed to install it except for the switch and wire to run
from your powere source to the pump.
   I had written to the list before and was told that others are using a Hadley
Air compressor that JCWhitney sells for ~$150.  Based on that advice I purchased
two of those compressors (one for me #23 and one for my father #1080).  I have
not installed the Hadley pumps yet.  With this air compressor you would need to
get some air lines and fittings (the reason they are not on the cars yet
(time)).
   After visiting with Terry I was talked into buying his pump and sending the
other one back to JCWhitney.  Maybe I was just gullible, or maybe he was a good
salesman, either way I bought his Compressor.  He told us that the Hadley unit
was far less reliable and would take longer to fill the tank.  I am waiting for
approval to return the Hadley units to JCWhitney (because I have had them for 6
months - even though they are unused).  If they approve then I will send them
back.  If not then I will install one on #1080 and see how it works and then
then other pump will be for sale.   I seem to think that if the Bricklin is used
for occasional use (which probably covers 95% of Bricklin owners) then the
Hadley unit will do just fine.
   I will let the list know if I will have one Hadley unit for sale within a
week or so.
   BTW - I found some Air lines at a local Home Depot that have a working
pressure of 150psi (should be sufficient since the system runs on 100-125psi)
that sells for $.06/ft. You cant get any cheaper than that.  I am currently
using this tubing for my doors and it is working fine.  And Yes, I do know that
the original equipment tubing is 250psi, and so is the Air line that Terry
provides with his Air compressor.
   later

                                                Jamie