RE: Electric compressor?

To: "'Bricklin'" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Electric compressor?
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 15:04:38 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From:   eaglesflight [SMTP:eaglesflight@pacificcoast.net]
Sent:   Tuesday, March 23, 1999 6:32 AM
To:     Olenick, Jamison

Do you  know the differences between the two electric pumps.  I would
be most interested in how the two vary in power and time.
Not ever having seen anything written on Terry's, I just wonder as to
what they might be.  Maybe the other person could put together something
as I believe he had both compressors.  I was told that the Hadley one just
came available last summer, and was when I bought mine and installed it.
Works just fine.

Response:
I do have both pumps.  The one from Terry Tanner was just purchased and
installed on #23.  I have 2 Hadley pumps that I bought last June intending to
install them on #23 and #1080.  If JCWhitney will take them back then I will
send them back for a refund (or credit).  If not then I will go ahead and
install the Hadley on #1080.  Once that is completed then I can give everyone
some accurate comparisons because I will be able to have both cars side by side
with the two different pumps.  As far as hp, flow, etc...  I guess that someone
will have to call Terry.  I am sure that he could tell us more.  If i remember
what he told me then the Hadley pump was designed to run Air horns.  Terry's
pump has a bigger motor (that he said was originally manufactured to run
photocopiers???).   He also pointed out that the piston on his pump was bigger
and the cyllinder head was made of cast iron instead of aluminum??? on the
Hadley's.  I also believe that Terrys is gear driven and the Hadley uses a small
belt (which does allow for replacement of either the motor or the cyllinder
seperately).  I dont have the pumps with me to weigh but if i remember correctly
Terry's pump was about 1.5 -> 2.0  times the weight of the Hadley (if that is
significant to anyone)
   I will work on the cars this weekend and give everyone some comparisons in
size.  I will also time Terry Tanners pump to fill an empty tank to certain
pressures.

                                                        Jamie