Re: Electric compressor?

To: Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric compressor?
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 16:36:18 PST
I decided on the Hadley pump.  The reasons were simple.  It was much
cheaper, about half the price than Tanner's and it had a replaceable
compressor attached with a little fan belt.  I don't use my car every
day, I maintain my system so there are no leaks, and I figured that even
if it broke I could replace the compressor part for $50.00 or so and do
that three times for the price of the Tanner unit.  So far, after a year
and maybe 2,000 miles I have not replaced anything and the Hadley unit
has been dependable (plus I invested the difference into an aggressive
growth fund and now can buy another one).  Mine is mounted on a cross
member behind the seats under the car.  I can hear it when it is
running, but to top off the tank only takes a minute or so (and it is
not loud).  Were it mounted in front like most, I doubt that it could be
heard hardly at all. Between the two pumps, there is no question but
that the Tanner unit is "better".  But the difference, to me, did not
warrant the much higher price. Kim

>Hey Everyone,
>   I hope that I am not stepping on anyone's toes (Sandy, or Larry).
>   I got these responses and thought that they should have been sent to
the
>list.
>   I think that these two entirely different opinions can help everyone
make a
>better decision as to what Air pump they would like to buy.
>   I would also like to hear some more opinions on this subject....but
please
>reply to the mailing list so everyone can partcipate.
>
>                                               Jamie

Pump
>last summer and it works just fine.  The electric pump fills the tank
with no
>air in it at all to full in about seven minutes. If the tank was at
sixty, it
>would
>fill the tank in a couple of minutes.  I bought mine from a place
called Road
>Equipment for the price of just under two hundred dollars and it
included some
>air hose and fittings and also an air switch with which to control the
air flow.
>I am most pleased with the pump and like I said earlier, it works just
great.
>It was the greatest to finally get the vacuum pump off of the engine.
The
>vacuum
>pump never worked right ever.  If you can not send your air pumps back,
I might