Re: run groups for Boondoggle

To: Bay_Area_Autocross_List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: run groups for Boondoggle
From: Glenn Ellingson <geewiz@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 22:09:15 -0800
On Feb 6, 2006, at 2:29 PM, Viet-Tam Luu wrote:
> I think Boondoggle--with the extra load of snafus related to the new
> registration/scoring system--constituted something close to the
> worst-case scenario for the 6-run-group format. And nobody died,
> nobody collapsed of exhaustion, a few people were inconvenienced, a
> few people complained...

Well, I got a pretty bad sunburn, and I think the 6-run format deserves
about 25% of the blame :).

> If that's the worst, I'd say it's not too
> bad. As entry numbers generally decrease over the remainder of the
> season's events, I think we'll start seeing benefits from the new
> format.

I agree that the Boondoggle was unique with the new T&S etc.

I thought 8 groups was the best system before the boondoggle, I
still think it's the best... but as long as we are giving the new system
a try I think we have to give it a second & maybe third chance.

-- Glenn