Re: run groups for Boondoggle

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: run groups for Boondoggle
From: Viet-Tam Luu <viettamluu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 14:29:58 -0800
On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 03:49:20PM -0500, John Kelly wrote:
>         While I realize the 6-run group system is new, I find the system to
> be less than sensational as it appears to require people to work as long as
> two hours. The orignal 8-group system required a single hour or less.

I think Boondoggle--with the extra load of snafus related to the new
registration/scoring system--constituted something close to the
worst-case scenario for the 6-run-group format. And nobody died,
nobody collapsed of exhaustion, a few people were inconvenienced, a
few people complained... If that's the worst, I'd say it's not too
bad. As entry numbers generally decrease over the remainder of the
season's events, I think we'll start seeing benefits from the new
format.

--
Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. "Tam")
SFR-SCCA Solo2 #149 SM