Re: run groups for Boondoggle

To: 76067.1750@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: run groups for Boondoggle
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 22:48:25 EST
In a message dated 2/6/2006 4:10:54 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
76067.1750@compuserve.com writes:

9. Let's admit we made a mistake, fix it, and then get on  with the
program.. The 8-group system really does work.

My understanding from Don McKenna is that of 104 work groups in the  2005
Regular Season, 57 were understaffed.  I also understand that there is  no
pattern that allows us to say "8 groups at Oakland and Candlestick, 6 groups
elsewhere."  or anything like that.

If our normal entry divided by 8 groups yields a 1 hour work group, then
dividing it by 6 groups and getting 2 hours is an exaggeration.  I won't  tell
you there were no 2 hour work groups yesterday, but if you take out the  down
time due to the computer problems that time goes down considerably.   It's
quite
possible that specific events (Boondoggle comes to mind...) could be  8 group
events, based on expected entry levels.

I don't like the 6 run group format, but we need to figure out how to staff
the events.  One thing that I notice when I work early is that there are a
bunch of people standing around not doing much for a while, and a few of us
working, and by 8:00, there are only a couple of us still out there, lining the

course, chalking cones, etc.  Better use of fewer "earlybirds" would free  up
some bodies for regular work groups.  I've worked grid by myself a lot  of
times, but we seem to think we need 2 grid people.  One seems to be  doing most
of it, the other doesn't seem to be doing much.  There's another  body or
two...  Anyone else?

Charlie