Re: run groups for Boondoggle

To: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: run groups for Boondoggle
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:15:57 -0800
On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 03:49:20PM -0500, John Kelly wrote:
> John,
>         While I realize the 6-run group system is new, I find the system to
> be less than sensational as it appears to require people to work as long as
> two hours. The orignal 8-group system required a single hour or less.

Are you addressing me because I posted the run group schedule when Don
Lew couldn't find it on the web site?

>         Two-hour work groups, as we had yesterday, are unacceptable.
>         Let's repair the arrangement before we drive the region's autocross
> program out of business.

Don McKenna's proposal for a 6-group format was not based on
problems in the Slush season.  It was based on event chair concerns
during the regular season.

It may be that those concerns should be addressed in other ways so
that we can retain the 8-group format.  However, basing a decision on
what happens at one event which had another unknown factor in
operation (the new timing and scoring scheme) is not sound.
Especially if that event happens to be the Boondoggle.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94