Re: run groups for Boondoggle

To: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: run groups for Boondoggle
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 19:08:35 -0500

Message text written by "John J. Stimson-III"

"Are you addressing me because I posted the run group schedule when Don
Lew couldn't find it on the web site?
"

John,
        I was addressing you for several reasons.
        1.I think you're considerable more than a reasonable person.
        2.I was replying to your second posting because it was convenient.
        3. As Mr. McKenna came up with his proposal in the middle of the
'05 Slush series when
he hadn't attended very many, if any, of our early-season '05 events, I
felt his motivations, while pure, were also not entirely thought out.
Witness the boondoggle, et cetera.
        4. One of the things left out in previous discussions was the
amount of time our workers would have to be on course. Especially on a hot
summer day. Yesterday that time was 2 hours.
        5. No matter how you split it, the 6-group method requires at least
one group to immediately go from driving to working. Every time. As the
goal is to keep the work time to a minimum, the 6-group method doesn't work
for everybody, as well-intentioned as it is.
        6. What the 6-group system fails to consider is the number of
parking spaces required while waiting. In the 8-group system the wait time
is reduced to its lowest possible time.
        7, By the way, it was an extremely close vote  that put the
6-system into play. I think we need to reconsider before we are faced with
competing organizations who have little time for what will become the "SCCA
way."
        8. We made an unfortunate error putting both the new registration
system and the 6-run group system into operation at our largest event of
then year.
        9. Let's admit we made a mistake, fix it, and then get on with the
program.. The 8-group system really does work.

--John Kelly