Re: San Jose Grand Prix wrap-up

To: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: San Jose Grand Prix wrap-up
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 20:39:27 -0400

Message text written by "John J. Stimson-III"

"Can a police officer go into a movie theater and watch the movie
without paying?  I'm sure that there are laws and or contracts
governing the very issue in question, but the above is clearly not
true even for everyday situations."

Don't get picky on me John. If you work at it I'm sure you can come up with
other aspects of the arrangement.
        I recall when we used to do the Vallejo GP, a street autocross, and
we had no police around. The spectators told  me--sometimes not politely
--to "Get Lost" as they wanted to go across the street in front of a
speeding autocrosser. We finally settled on allowing three cars to go by
and then we opened the course. Some people just crossed the street at every
opportunity.
        The presence of uniformed police made your job at the San Jose GP
easier just by being there.

--John Kelly