RE: Geez! (was: Going Downhill)

To: "james creasy" <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>,
Subject: RE: Geez! (was: Going Downhill)
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:59:22 -0800
Skid pad is sustained Gs, not instantaneous peak. Usually measured on a 300'
diameter curve. I read a study somewhere that measured Kumhos, R1s and
Hoosiers with various sports cars and the highest sustained G they measured
was around 1.25. This would lead me to suspect that Borden's 1.47 is
probably a peak value -- however if it's sustained then I want a ride!

Also remember that since the G-Whiz is a two-axis accelerometer it cannot
compensate for elevation changes. So if you measure Gs while going up an
incline you will get higher readings. Based on experience with my own G-Tech
pro I can tell you that these things are HIGHLY affected by even slight
elevation changes (and bumps!).