Re: Season question: multiple drivers?

To: donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Season question: multiple drivers?
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 21:15:41 EST
don mckenna writes:

> First, I'm not aware of any "angst" concerning "double and triple
> driver cars" participating.

The only angst I can mention is that of the grid martial, and sometimes
single drivercompetitors. I often pick that job because of familiarity with
it. The only multiple driver issue is based on the reluctance of some to
space out their runs throughout the run group, resulting in the end of the
run group being 4 runs of the same car, with time consuming driver changes
and, I believe unfair tire advantages (last runs on nice hot tires). This
gets worse on 4 driver cars! It is absolutely not universal, and many driver
"sets" do not do it. But some sets, in the past, seem to have had it happen
"to them" quite often. With an inexperienced grid martial, this
"semi-sportmanlike" activity can be a pain. Of course everybody wants to
finish the run group and move on. No tire cool-down happens. If the grid
person pushes hard on the multiple drivers to integrate into the single run
cars, it can work out fine. - Seth Emerson (Don McKenna started autocrossing
before I did!)