Fwd: Season question: multiple drivers?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fwd: Season question: multiple drivers?
From: Dave Rowney <daver@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 10:27:40 -0800
One perspective:

Last season I did about 6 events with my wife co-driving in the same
group.  She always wants me to ride with her and coach her, as she is a
complete novice.  I found my performance about the same as in events where
I did not ride.  While seeing the course is an advantage, a disadvantage
for me was that I was concentrating on improving her performance, and not
thinking about how I was going to drive the course.  For instance I was
sometimes looking at her hand positions on the wheel and not the course.  I
actually preferred running by myself, as then I had total concentration on
the task at hand, but overall it was more fun having her participating.

Dave