Re: Season question: multiple drivers?

To: Dennis & Sherry Armstrong <miata@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Season question: multiple drivers?
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 00:17:37 -0800
Dennis Armstrong wrote:

>  I can't see why everyone gets all bent out of shape over this
> subject, This sport is for Fun!! Remember that!!

Dennis,
I don't think anyone, let alone everyone is bent out of shape.
Some of us think the most autox fun of all is in friendly,
fair competition. Competition is, after all, optional. If you
mark your card "fun run", the rules of competition become
irrelevant. (Safety and administrative rules still matter, of course.)

> I don't see
> a problem at a regional event. At divisional events yes.
> You will never get away with that. But regional events, Why
> not? Hay we are out there for Fun!!

The difference being what?

> To tell you the truth, I think it may have hurt him more then
> helped him. His car does not corner like mine does. So you
> never know.

It is a definite advantage to preview the course at speed no
matter how it is being driven. Since the gentlemen you
reference is in my class, and you think exposure to your
driving hurts him, by all means, keep doing it. :-)

Rich Urschel