Re: Season question: multiple drivers?

To: "Talley, Brooks" <brooks@frnk.com>
Subject: Re: Season question: multiple drivers?
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 22:37:36 -0800
"Talley, Brooks" wrote:

> I'd like to follow up on a thread from several months ago regarding
> multiple drivers.  At the time, there seemed to be some angst about
> double and triple driver cars, especially when a competitive driver got
> multiple ride-alongs before each run.
>
> Is that still the feeling?  Or are there any new rules in that area that
> I've missed?  Would it be preferable to people if the most competitive
> driver took all three runs first, then rode along on coaching sessions
> with the less competitive drivers (who might still be top-half or
> mid-pack)?  Or are same-group co-driver ride-alongs discouraged
> altogether?

These be the relevant SFR supp rules with no change
in sight:

"Any entrant may ride as a passenger at any time without penalty."

"All entrants will take their Nth run before any entrant takes his/her Nth+1
run."

The most efficient way for two drivers to comply with the
latter rule is for one driver to take one run, then the other
driver take two runs, then the first driver take two more,
then the other driver take his/her last run. One driver
taking all of their runs before (a) codriver(s) run(s) is not
allowed.

I wouldn't worry about feelings. If anyone expresses a
concern, ask them to propose a rule change so everyone
can play by the same rules.

Rich Urschel