Re: Informal Poll on "sort of" pre-reg. for autox !

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Informal Poll on "sort of" pre-reg. for autox !
From: Toy4speed@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:45:23 EST
In a message dated 10/31/2001 12:19:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kkelly@spss.com writes:

> I so far really like Don's ideas, particularly about the pre-assigned
> work assignments. Question: how would you prevent two people from
> signing up for the same thing? Would event chairs have to deal with TWO
> lists? I like the database idea, BUT now that means someone at
> registration is going to have to do all this data entry. WHO wants to do
> that? Repeatedly? At all the events? It seems like a lot more work for a
> system that, although as outdated as the abicus, really, truly works.

Yup, the system DOES work.  Perhaps the number of truely large events won't
be that many that registration lines are an issue.  I just tend to overplan
(ask my wife).
However, for pre-reg work assignments, I could have the worker sheets already
entered with the pre-reg names, leaving only certain work positions available
(I know, non-competitive for the internet challenged).  I don't see data
entry at an event.  I do see me compiling a list of members and their DL and
Club expiration dates.
Personally, I'm not terribly computer savy so much of this is also just me
thinking on the keyboard.  I'm so glad many of you have given this idea a few
minutes of thought.
I really helps to evaluate the feasibility and need.

Don